Do You Want To Be Successful In Career And In Relationship?
If so, working with an experienced gay therapist who understands these challenges can help you bring about the change you want…
If you’re a gay man who grew up in this straight world, it’s likely you’ve felt lonely and isolated. Maybe your relationship is full of conflict or perhaps you’re struggling to find a suitable partner. As a gay man, do you find yourself relating to any of these statements?
- I can’t get into a healthy and happy relationship, even though I want to
- I often feel lonely or find it difficult to spend quality time with myself
- I’m in a relationship, but there’s a lot of fighting or mistrust between us
- I’m in a long-term relationship, but our sex life has died
- I can’t seem to be able to get into a relationship that lasts more then a few weeks or months
- My relationships end because one of us ends up having an affair
- I feel miserable after spending too much time at the gay bars or the gay bath houses
- I’m spending a lot of time on Grindr, Manhunt or other hookup apps and end up feeling bad about myself
If any of those statements sound like you, you’re not alone.
These are all common complaints gay men have when they talk to me. As a somewhat invisible minority we are often isolated and alone. Adding to the isolation is the fact that all gay men have been bombarded with messages since childhood that who we are, as a gay man, is not OK.
This message from the dominant culture can leave you feeling unlovable and with low self-esteem. It can be hard to believe you have value. This mostly hidden, yet destructive dislike of yourself as a gay men is where your problems start.
It can leave you with an inability to be loving and creative with your life- stuck in continually repeating self-destructive behavior you can’t seem to control. This can lead to:
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Being unhappy and not knowing why
- Sadness and depression
- Feeling stressed out and anxious
- Problems maintaining meaningful relationships
- Having a sense that something is missing or wrong
- Experiencing difficulty with money, career or other maintenance activities of modern life
The American Psychological Association research states that gay men:
- Have higher rates of major depression, generalized anxiety disorder and substance use or dependence in lesbian and gay youth.
- Higher rates of recurrent major depression among gay men.
- Higher rates of anxiety, mood and substance use disorders, and suicidal thoughts among people ages 15 to 54 with same-sex partners.
- Higher use of mental health services in men and women reporting same-sex partners.
But don’t despair. It’s not hopeless. Things can be made a lot better and I can help.
You can have the loving and fulfilling life you’ve always dreamed of:
- In a loving relationship and even get married if you want to
- A single person with a great life and healthy friendships
- In a career that is meaningful and fulfilling and brings you pleasure
- A confident and successful gay man that doesn’t need to excessively use alcohol or drugs
- Content to spend time by yourself or friends without constantly cruising or pursuing sex
- Able to say “No!” to unhealthy people and situations
- Able to create positive relationships and situations for yourself
Your journey to wholeness and happiness starts with you getting the right help.
Truth is, gay men are often scared to reach out for help. Finding a counselor who’s been through these same things and can help you work your way through these struggles is the key to your success.
I’ve walked this road. I understand what it’s like…
As a gay man myself, I’ve worked my way through many of these issues and continue to work on some of them. In the 1990′s my own unhappiness and search for solutions is what led me to graduate school in psychology and to my ongoing studies of eastern philosophies like Buddhism. I’ve found many answers to life’s persistent problems. It’s my joy and my passion to share that knowledge with other gay men.
Counseling or Life Coaching with a Gay Therapist is the Difference You’ve Been Waiting for
Gay couples counseling or gay relationship coaching from a member of the gay community is the best choice for helping you move through your pain and into the life you want to lead.
What makes me different from other therapists is:
- I’m gay and I’m a man and I’ve lived openly as a gay man in the straight world for more than two decades.
- I left my professional career in corporate America in my 40′s to pursue graduate school in psychotherapy. I can help you with your professional career or with changing to a new direction in life.
- I came to this work later in life with a passion for helping gay men.
- I’ve lived the gay lifestyle and know the good and the bad of it
- I know personally what it’s like to have to worry about HIV infection each time you meet a new person.
- I have direct personal experience with gay dating and gay relationships. It’s not an abstract concept to me.
Don’t wait another minute to create a successful gay life. Here’s what you need to do next:
- Sign up for my monthly Newsletter: What Works:News on Health, Happiness and Wisdom. You’ll get my monthly Health and Wellness Tips, full of tips and idea for a healthy happy life. Click here to sign up.
- Email me, call me at 303-500-0926 for your FREE 10 minute phone consultation to find out how I can help you.
- If you’re ready to book an appointment, schedule an in person or virtual appointment now.